Feedback For Us... From You

Hi Spencer,

I actually have been looking at that with my team and we have spoke some folks over at Rapid 7 about it some time ago. We are still exploring the use cases to make it work. But in the meantime if IDR could do it on its own that would just be awesome-sauce, thank you as well for reaching out! :wink: :beers:

Have a good one!

Patrick

1 Like

Hi,
If I was to be brutally honest, Im not 100% sure what I gain from this extensions page.
I have insightvm and idr. All the things I can see are options that are already in these products.
If you press configure it takes you to section within the products. Cant I do this without this page?

Happy for someone to explain show me where Im going wrong on this.

Thanks @phil.pearce for joining the community and for the constructive feedback. The reason integrations for InsightVM and InsightIDR have been listed in the extension library are so they can be more easily explored for our customers that aren’t yet aware of those product integration features. You are correct though that if you have already set them up within InsightVM or InsightIDR that you do not need to use the extension library directly. Over time more extensions will become available for all of our products so you can more easily search and become aware of those that are native, as well as those that live on third-party marketplaces (example) or are directly available for download (example).

We would love to see integrations with DUO and DNSFilter

@jeffrey_coyle Thanks for joining our community! Can you give me some more around the use case or what you want to do with those integration points? Definitely looking to add more integrations.

I just posted a topic about the Cisco Sourcefire Plugin by clicking the ‘Start a Discussion’ button at the bottom; yet after posting the topic, the post does not show up at the bottom of the Extension page. Is this a limitation within the Discussion platform right now or did I do something wrong? Thank you

@tony_hamil It should show up now. We are trying to automate the tagging process between Posts in here and the Extension Library but right now we need an Admin or Moderator to tag them after the Post has been created. We are toying with the idea of doing an InsightConnect Workflow to automate this for us :grinning:

Sounds good… thank you for the reply.

I’m liking the Extension Library. The search functionality is nice are the improved documentation is a lot more useful (I saw a demo of the upcoming documentation enhancements and they will be very helpful) One suggestion that I have is when I look at a plugin I see that it is already installed, but I have to click into it to see this. Could something be added to the overview page that would also indicate this? Also, maybe a search filter like (All, New, Installed)?

2 Likes

Hey @brandon_mcclure, thanks for the feedback. Regarding the plugin install status, what do you think of this?

installed_plugins_mock

Does this help address the friction? Let us know what you think.

4 Likes

Yes, that is exactly what I would like to see

3 Likes

We have exactly the same issue. We were promised a product that could submit to a Ticketing system, and it only has abliity to submit a “Story” which is for software projects. Then we’re told we can spend more on another product that will do what we were told IDR could do.

Dont get me started on how “knee-capped” the “automation” is in IDR – it falls FAR below our expectation pre-sales based on the documentation. I’m sorry that both halves of this issue were apparently marketing decisions.

I like the base functionality in iDR and impressed with the capabilities that are ALMOST all the way there.

Broadcom Symantec Email.Cloud extension (plugin) requested
Cybereason extension (plugin) requested

Thanks for the requests! We actually just created a brand new topic under InsightConnect for Plugin Requests, so I’d be keen on learning more about how you want to use these, if you don’t mind adding a few more details over there.

This has been an issue have brought up in the past and just have seen it brushed off. When trying to report and work on an investigation is makes no sense to create a ticket in our software development space when the issue would be normally in reported in Jira service desk where incident and problem are default issue types. This is much more accurate for anyone following an ITIL model for reporting incidents and problems. It’s all the more frustrating that IVM has the ability to query the issues on the Jira API we point it to and allow us to map the specific issue types.

Hi, we’ve been using IDR and IVM now for a few months and I think Insight is a great platform. I would like to know if there is a way to add custom cloud event sources using available APIs from other cloud security platforms? For instance, we have recently moved to Netskope web security for our cloud proxy and I’m wondering what the best way would be to add this as an event source when there is no out of the box integration from IDR?

Cheers,
Rich

@richard_burke - Thank you for the feedback! I checked with InsightIDR Product team and we do have plans to ship a Netskope event source and it’s in our backlog right now :slight_smile:

We will update you as soon as it is released!

Hope this is the right place to ask this question!

Are there any plans of creating a plugin for ManageEngine’s ADManager Plus?

Regards,

Brian

2 Likes

I’'m having the same exact issue. I cannot figure this one out. I added the “story” issue type to my jira service desk but same issue persists.

Also having this issue, in process of troubleshooting it with the support team, i’ll update here if I can get it resolved.