Export and Import Workflows via API!

Continuing the discussion from NEW Workflows API Functionality!, we’ve released the second iteration of improvements to our public workflow APIs with Export Workflow and Import Workflow.

Check out the InsightConnect API Guide here to reference documentation for the public APIs available for InsightConnect!

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 3.23.08 PM

Use Export Workflow to export the latest published version of a workflow using the workflowID. If a workflow has never been published, the latest unpublished version will be exported. With Import Workflow, you can import a workflow using the json document response from the Export API. This creates an entirely new workflow, and does not overwrite an existing workflow in your environment. Combine the Export and Import Workflow endpoints to control workflow versioning via API!

Let us know if you use these endpoints & have any questions or feedback for future API functionality. :partying_face:

4 Likes

A little late reply to an old post, but i think this is the proper topic.
After exporting a workflow with API and importing it back, here are some problems;

• Activated workflow is not triggering via timer or anything (in my case SQS / Security Hub)
  • While importing complex workflows, many steps are gone.
  • What I believe is exported workflow is depended on the Orchestrator version at that moment,
    as a parameter the one i exported before has “komandVersion”: “1.146.0-0-g026c8”, when i create a new workflow with our new orchestrator, it has “komandVersion”: “1.156.0-0-gef278”.
    And im pretty sure this is causing some issues.
    When i change this value manually, still issues not resolved unfortunately.

it would be amazing to receive an answer why imported workflows are not working as jobs as they did.
I can test it and workflow works normally, but working as a job? No.