Winter break!

I hope everyone’s doing well in the new year! I thought it’d be nice for us to chat about anything fun we’ve gotten to do over the holidays in the past couple weeks, whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, or another holiday. Or if you don’t celebrate, anything else you’ve found yourself enjoying thus far this season :snowflake:

For Christmas this year, we made these amazing cookies that are super easy. You sandwich 2 Ritz crackers together with peanut butter, then dip them in melted chocolate and let them cool. They’re divine :drooling_face: And I’m getting ready to make another batch.

So, what about you guys?

3 Likes

The best I got is binge watching “The Witcher” on Netflix

I know #lame :unamused:

3 Likes

That’s pretty much what half the people I know did over the past couple weeks, so not lame!

Have you gotten to the second season? I heard good things about it, but I haven’t watched it yet. I still need to play the third Witcher game (I’ve only completed the first one so far) and I’m not sure if the series on Netflix has any spoilers for the game :thinking:

yep! season 1 & 2, then drove to Walmart to get the game for Nintendo switch.
highly recommend!

1 Like

Started picking up drawing again.
As a family we’ve been playing Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers and
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Crypt Hunters and have been having a blast.
Also been working through Metroid Dread on the Switch, I’ve played all the Metroids since the first one in 86 on the NES

3 Likes

Ooh nice! The combat is kinda clunky in the first game, but in the few videos I’ve seen for the third game it looks much improved. I’ve got the PC version and it’s been sitting there unplayed for too long :upside_down_face:

Metroid Dread returned to the traditional side scrolling format, didn’t it?

I don’t play a ton of side scrolling games nowadays, but in the 90’s my dad introduced me to Commander Keen and I loooooved it. It’s one of the ones I still play today.

1 Like

Yes, it feels a lot like Super Metroid

1 Like