Un-Named Keys in Dashboards

Can someone explain to me what good a key is on a dashboard that says “count”? For example, this card shows three disitinct items, but the key is useless since it does not tell me which is which. And since you cannot go to logs on these cards, they are close to useless at this time. I send this to my team and they will ask me which color represents what and I cannot tell them.

Or this one. Which represents what status?

@Kerry,

So as you probably remember those “counts” used to show the query they represent, I’m going to double-check, but I was under the impression that this will be updated soon.

Edit: I’m hearing the time frame of sometime next week for the fix for this and possibly the ability to be configurable by whoever created the dashboard card itself. I’ll try and keep you posted @Kerry

1 Like

Superb! I figured they would be working on it. Seems to have been so many changes lately that little things seem to get by. I will halt the report for now and wait for the fix. Thanks!

Absolutely! But the feedback and this discussion forum are a HUUUUUUGE help in identifying little things like this that slip through the cracks! I always appreciate these types of posts, keep them coming!

3 Likes

@Kerry,

I’m seeing the ability to modify the Display Name in the multiple query dashboards in order to rename the count 1 and count 2 to whatever you like, can you verify on your end?

2 Likes

Yes it appears that I can go in and name them myself. Seems odd that I would need to do that for all my cards. Kind of a pain if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I understand, but at least the ability is there now and it’s customizable, it doesn’t automatically grab the entire query like it did on the old shuflr database. It will be nice to be able to choose the verbiage so less technical staff could understand them without an explanation. I’ll pass your feedback along, thanks again!

Hi Stephen! I can confirm that the new feature works and Iam able to name the entries the way I want. As you said, this makes the information of the cards in the dashboards way easier to read/understand, great addition! :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome @RHolzer!!! I’m going to be messing around with it a bit, but let me know if you have any further suggestions or find any issues!

well wasted a bunch of time this morning manually naming the fields. Big issue, does not hold when exporting reports so still useless. I cannot send a report to my team with count 1 and count 2. I hope this gets fixed soon as right now reports have no purpose or use in the platform. It is bad enough that there are no real exports available for so many pages, but reports is something that is key and needs to be fixed.
The strage thing is that the report looks right in the preview, but it does not export with the names I spent a ton of time on this morning MANUALLY changing.

1 Like

@Kerry,

Let me push this to our team and see if we can get it sorted out.

Edit: Team is working on fix as I’m writing this.

@Kerry,

I just verified the fix is working, your reports should now pull your manual series names. Please confirm.

Confirmed. The exported report that I ran shows the custom titles.

Excellent, as always appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

No problem. And I changed the topic title. I was less than flattering in my first title. After I read it a couple times I realized I was not being nice with the wording. With what you guys do to solve issues and address these things, I want to be fair and not use such wording.
Thanks again for the fast responses!

1 Like

Our pleasure! No worries about the initial wording, but it’s appreciated all the same!! Have a great weekend!

An update. Not all cards are being created properly in the report. I have some that when I create the report, not all the data is there and there are no labels evene though they all show in the dashboard. This means the report is still of no use and I cannot send this to any of my management.

Hi Kerry,

would you mind raising a support case so we can take a closer look please?

David

Case created.# 00750065
awaiting assignment