Set new Default Dashboard

Hi there. We are new to using Rapid7 and I have been working on creating dashboards for various departments to show them the things that they need to look at when they login to Rapid7. Is it possible for users to set one of the dashboards that I build for them as their Default Dashboard? From what I can tell the stock default dashboard always loads when they login to Rapid7 and then they have to go to the drop down and search for the dashboard that I built to open it. We would like for this dashboard to be the first thing they see when they login

1 Like

Not possible to set a dashboard as being the default one, for any user, not even the user who created that dashboard.
This is a feature I already requested to Rapid7.
My understanding is that Rapid7 is quite busy with enhancing the cloud console / dashboard features.
But we do not know what will come, and when.

Morning, would like to refresh the topic a bit. Is there any news about changing the default dashboard already?

Unfortunately there is still no way to save someone else’s Dashboard as the main Dashboard that loads when they log in. However there is a small workaround that you could possibly do in the meantime while DEV works on creating that option.

InsightVM does remember the last dashboard that you were on (Of your dashboards) so what you could have your users do is go open the dashboard that you created for them and then copy it which will re-create it as their own dashboard. When you make updates to the board e.g. add cards etc. You can just request them to copy it again.

Now that it is their Dashboard, if that’s the last Dashboard that they are on when they log out then it’s the same one that will come up when they log back in.

2 Likes