Remove/restart network sensors

How do you remove the offline network sensors within Data Collection Management? If they are offline or are showing an error, I’m not seeing an option to remove them. I’m trying to use a sensor with a USB Ethernet adapter in addition to the integrated NIC, is that possible?

Also, on the network sensor itself, how do you restart or uninstall the sensor script?

Hi Jeremy,
Some answers to your questions.

How do you remove the offline network sensors within Data Collection Management?
First you need to shut down the sensor host and/or uninstall the sensor software. You then need to wait 7 days for the platform to automatically remove these sensors from Data Collection Management

On the network sensor itself, how do you restart or uninstall the sensor script?
To restart I would recommend you just reboot the host system. If you want to uninstall the sensor software, use the command sudo ./sensor_installer.sh uninstall

Use a sensor with a USB Ethernet adapter in addition to the integrated NIC
This is not recommended although it may be possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

@darragh_delaney : Does Network sensor needs to be start and stop prior and post patching the host. If yes, can you tell me the command.

No, you do not need to start and stop the sensor prior and post patching. I would recommend rebooting the host incase the patches made any changes to components such as NICs. Sensor services should start as normal following reboot and you can check sensor status in sensor management.