After much anticipation, we are thrilled to announce the release of our Vulnerability Remediation Toolkit! Inside, you’ll find a variety of workflows that help collect vulnerability intel, create/update remediation-focused tickets, patch vulnerable systems, and manage vulnerability exceptions. We welcome any and all users of this toolkit to post to the forum about your experience with these workflows, both good and bad. View the toolkit at the link below:
Now, let’s cut to the chase: What’s Next?
We believe there are many, many more aspects of vulnerability and patch management that InsightConnect can help with. As always, we start by prioritizing the possibilities. And so, we turn to you to help us understand which problem domains are most salient to your day-to-day, week-to-week, and month-to-month vulnerability and patch management activities.
What would you add to the Vulnerability Remediation Toolkit?
*Vote for up to three!
*Chat = Slack or Microsoft Teams
- Add scan targets to a site from Chat
- Start a scan from Chat
- Post the Most Vulnerable Assets in a given site/asset group/tag to Chat
- Deploy the Rapid7 Insight Agent to newly discovered assets
- Notify InsightVM administrators via Chat/Email of assets that have been scanned without full authentication
- Add or remove asset tags from Chat
- Report on unauthorized assets discovered in scans
- Assign tickets to asset owners based on asset groups, sites, and/or tags
- Targeted reminders in Chat/Email for patch admins to remediate their vulnerabilities
- Submit vulnerability exception requests from Chat
- (Re-)Scan target host from Chat
- Automatically remove stale and/or duplicate assets from InsightVM’s database
Please feel free to comment with additional use cases that are of interest!
Thank you for your feedback!!