Orchestrator on Centos 7.9.2009 - problem with docker

Hi,

i installed the Orchestrator on a Centos box via install script. In the beginning (just after the installation) it worked and i got an healthy und running Orchestrator as i could see via the r7 web interface (IConnect).
I started firewalld with open https und ssd and after some time (i don’t think there is a correalation) docker died and im not able to start docker again.

/var/log/messages

Feb 15 07:21:06 orc rapid7-orchestrator: {"level":"fatal","ts":1707981666.9416704,"caller":"boltlogger/boltlogger.go:335","msg":"could not create orchestrator services","error":"unable to create orchestrator runner: could not create collection of needed runner services, error: unable to create orchestrator services bundle: error initializing docker client, error: unable to connect to docker services via unix:///var/run/docker.sock, error: cannot connect to Docker endpoint","stacktrace":"github.com/rapid7/platform-orchestrator/boltlogger.(*Log).Fatal\n\t/go/src/platform-orchestrator/boltlogger/boltlogger.go:335\nmain.main\n\t/go/src/platform-orchestrator/cmd/orchestrator/main/main.go:74\nruntime.main\n\t/usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.go:250"}
Feb 15 07:21:06 orc systemd: Started Rapid7 Orchestrator Motd updater.
Feb 15 07:21:06 orc systemd: rapid7-orchestrator.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb 15 07:21:06 orc systemd: Unit rapid7-orchestrator.service entered failed state.
Feb 15 07:21:06 orc systemd: rapid7-orchestrator.service failed.

Does anybody know this issue?

By the way, i would prefer to have a distro which is under support! ::slight_smile:

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Maurice

Hi Maurice,

probably come a new Version of the Orchestrator based on Ubuntu.

read here:

Best
jpd