Orchestrator for Azure

Hi guys,

Is there any near-term plans to provide the Orchestrator for Azure?

Right now the only solution is to deploy via converting the ova or running the script installer; both seem to fail for me in Azure. This is a problem as many businesses are becoming Azure only.

Hi @ben_cuthbert!

I’m not aware of any issues with using the script installer on Azure, could you provide more details on the steps that you took? I’m curious to know which image was used and any errors that may have been noted pre/post install.

Thanks!

We don’t have any plans at the moment to provide an Azure image for the orchestrator. I’ll definitely communicate your interest with the rest of the team though :slight_smile:

In the mean time, if there is any way that I can help you get rolling with the script installer on Azure, let me know!

@tyler_schmidtke thanks for chasing it up! I’m attempting the script install again and will let you know how I get on.

@ben_cuthbert how did you fair with the azure install via the script. I am at the point of which I am setting up the orchestrator and I too, would like to stage the orchestrator of which hosts the InsightConnect in azure with the rest of my collectors.

Hi David,

The script installer ended up being successful, just take note of the underlying specs for the host required.

1 Like

Hi David,

You shouldn’t have any issue setting up the orchestrator on Azure using the script install as long as the OS you’re installing it on is CentOS 7. You can find more information around the script and requirements here https://docs.rapid7.com/insightconnect/install-and-activate-the-orchestrator/#install-using-the-script-based-installer-package
Reach out if you have any issues.