Nexpose Community / InsightVM Quietly Discontinued

Greetings-

Copied from Community to hopefully elevate:

Due to R7’s great community support I never thought I’d have to post something like this:

I’m a passionate security engineer recently retired from a “do everything” network role. I was hoping to keep my skills up via the use of the Nexpose Community instance [yes I run my own home server and small network]. However, R7 has quietly ended its community licensing. When I raised the issue with support and in the Rapid 7 Voice community [I’m #3 contributor globally - D0z3r] I got exactly nowhere.

Is there any way a passionate security professional who’s been using R7 products for more than a decade before retiring [and even spoke at one R7 Boston conference] can continue to use an on-prem, small [less that 25 devices] Nexpose/InsightVM instance?

Thanks R7 for all the support over the years and please come up with a way for this retired practitioner to continue using the products he loves!

Scott/D0z3r

1 Like

Hey Scott, I should be able to help you with this. Can you let me know the case number you raised with support so I can grab some details?

Oh awesome, Gina, thanks so much!

The case was:

Rapid7 eSupport Case, 04216998:“License Expired”

Doug Schmidt in support was very kind, but said it was out of his area (let me know if you need to see the correspondence).

I did reach out as Doug recommended but haven’t heard anything back and the case has since been closed. Thanks for any assistance-

Scott

Gina-

Once again, R7 exceeds my expectations! Thanks for hooking me up with a community CSM. Everything back on track and working again.

Thank you again,
Scott

3 Likes

So glad you’re back on track Scott - sorry that didn’t go a little smoother! :slight_smile: