☁️ Introducing Cloud Event Sources

We’re proud to announce that cloud-based event collection is now possible in InsightIDR!

You now have the option to collect data from several event sources either through the cloud or through a collector. Cloud connections take less time to configure and provide a direct integration between your event data and InsightIDR.

Today, we’re launching support for 6 major event sources on the cloud, which marks the beginning of a new phase of seamless integration with the Rapid7 Platform.

This will be a phased release, so if your environment is not yet displaying the new Cloud option for these 6 event sources, please be patient–your environment will update shortly.

The following event sources are now available for configuration directly in the cloud:

• Cisco Umbrella
  • Duo Security
  • Mimecast
  • Okta
  • Proofpoint TAP
  • Zoom

giphy (3)

Now, we’re eager to hear from you. What other event sources would you like to see running on the cloud? Share your thoughts in the thread below :point_down:.

5 Likes

Any plans for something like custom log cloud sources? I have a cloud application that can send to a syslog. I do not what to send those logs to my collector as it would require opening more ports on the firewall. Just would like to send the logs directly to rapid7.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! We don’t have active plans for custom cloud sources right now, but I’ll raise this feedback with our team.