InsightVM users cannot see the scan console features

Hi all,

I have done the setup of Rapid7 scan console and InsightVM. When I log into InsightVM I have the options for ‘assets’ and ‘vulnerabilities’ in the menu on the left side. When you click these options you see that you are actually on the webinterface of the local scan console.

I added my colleague to InsightVM as an admin, he is not able to see these options at all. I created a user account in the scan console for him but the options are still not visible.

Is it possible for my colleague(s) to have these options available as well?

Have you tried clearing the browser cache / cookies? Started a private window?

Those shouldn’t be removed from the users.

Have you tried this?

4 Likes

Ran into the same issue and can confirm the answer of @brandon_mcclure. After running the command platform-login enable USERNAME on the IVM Console, your user should be able to see all the options with the platform user.

That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you guys so much :slight_smile:

Hello, does anyone know how to fix this if you DO NOT have access to the IVM console? I just joined a multi-IVM tenant. For one tenant, I have console access and it’s linked to the IVM platform. However, for the other two tenants, I was added as global admin on the platform side because we don’t currently have access to the IVM consoles for the other two sites. We’re trying to track that down now but may take a while given our team just started and we’re essentially revamping an abandoned IVM program.

Thanks

Do you have API access? you could also run any console command that way

API access to the console is essentially the same as direct access to the console. It uses the same basic auth. You cannot enable platform login until you have an account on the console itself as IPL simply uses the email in both locations and permission from the console to allow the platform to handle the sessions on the console for that user.

So tldr; get a console account on each of the other two tenants first, then you can enable IPL for them.