InsightIDR's dark theme now available!

idr-dark-theme-animation-NO-LOOP

Did someone turn off the lights? No, it’s just InsightIDR’s new dark theme! With multi-theme support, you can now select the theme that works best for your needs. To set your desired theme, navigate to Profile Settings > Visual Preferences within InsightIDR.

Of course, we know supporting multiple themes is a journey. If you happen to find something within dark theme that doesn’t seem quite right, don’t hesitate to submit feedback here to the discussion.

Happy theming!

6 Likes

Hi @gwen_betts_idr!

Yesssss, I really like the new dark mode. Everything seems to look very good, except for one section:

On the Asset Page at the recent authentications it’s nearly impossible to read the map, see here:
grafik

Best regards
Roberrt

3 Likes

Thank you, Robert!! I’ve got a ticket created and we’ll look into this. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @gwen_betts_idr

This is an awesome feature :slight_smile: !

I also found a section which is hard to read in dark mode.
Within an investigation where a workflow has been run, the Artifact is still shown in black text making it hard to read.
Inkedartifact1_LI

The table view layout also seems a bit out of place:
artifact-table

4 Likes

Thank you, Ilyaaz!! This is now tracked and already in progress, so you should see it updated very soon. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

@gwen_betts_idr Great thanks :smiley:
Is the timezone dropdown when editing/creating an event source also on the tracked list :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

Nope, you’re the first! …and tracked, thank you!! :smiley:

Found another one, the writeable dropdown-list when searching for groups at the admin groups settings:
darkmode-1

2 Likes

Thank you, Robert. I’ll get this info to our internal team so they can address it!

2 Likes

Robert,

I brought this to the attention of our engineering team, and they are going to fix it.

1 Like

@RHolzer I just verified on my IDR that this issue has been successfully fixed. Thank you, again, for bringing this to our attention!!

2 Likes

@RHolzer The asset page recent authentication diagram has also been fixed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve checked the status of the findings here and everything was already done so I thought this might still be missing. Looks good now! :wink:

Iam currently in an InsightIDR training-session and have a trial environment to play around. Found two more things to change:

1. The license information on top is hard to read.
  2. InsightVM is an Image. It’s not hard to read but seems a bit odd colorwise.
    colors
1 Like

Iam on a run! :sweat_smile:

When checking through my Data Collectors I’ve stumpled upon the Data Exporters and this looks strange. When there is a Data Exporter, everything seems nice.

data exporters

2 Likes

I Found another one at: Users And Accounts > Admin Accounts > Admin Activity

Oof, but good find, Ilyaaz! We’ll get this one in the pipeline. :slight_smile:

And this fix should be available now! We’re also tracking a few previously reported above and will provide updates when those are fixed.

Thanks once again for your help tracking these down. :slight_smile: