Ingress Authentication Map Enhancement Suggestions

Idea for the ingress Map on dashboard.
We want to show this map on a TV.

We are worried from across the room we won’t see the gradient green of the one successful login in South Africa or Malawi.
I understand the purpose the of the gradient.

My idea is to keep the gradient, but maybe outline the border of the country as well with a dark green or maybe put a list in the bottom left of the lowest countries for logins.

1 Like

Hi @jkrato whilst I understand this would make for a nice visualization, in order to be actually alerted to this behavior I would certainly recommend leveraging Custom Detection Rules to alert when an Ingress from an undesired country occurs.

One thing that is worth noting, the ingress map does not show everything, it will only show the last 2,000 records processed at most for any given time. So it will not be telling you the entire story of your environment.

Using a Dashboard card combined with a report to show successful ingresses and to groupby countries names, while filtering out the expected countries would also prove much more useful, as you would be able to clearly see each record.

2 Likes

Hi @david_smith1

I think you should work on this, many customers ask for it because they are not satisfied about the current map, we´ve even to develop our own retrieving logs from API.

What is the reason for not making a better one? Or that we could at least establish criteria such as time range or event sources? I mean, I don´t find it a “heavy query” I can´t understand the logic behind the last 2k records, maybe you just don’t see it as interesting, but we must give feedback :slight_smile:

@opal_mitchell might have a little more context to share on the current technical limitations on the map, however I do agree with you that improvements could be made and would be worthwhile!

1 Like