HTML Report Rollout ***Gradual Rollout to all Customers

Excited to say that we are ***gradually rolling out the ability to generate HTML reports from Dashboards! Before it was simply PDF reports that in some cases left a lot to be desired. With HTML reports you can interact with the data in each card like you can inside the platform:

Hover over areas of the card to display popup data
Click through data points within cards formed by multiple groupby queries

Also check out the ability to switch the HTML reports from Light to Dark mode in the upper right!

7 Likes

This is great news!

2 Likes

This is fantastic news! Been waiting for the reports to be fixed for some time.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it @tom_mannerud and @Kerry!! Please let us know if you have any feedback after some use!

@SDavis, is there a way to check wether/when those updates were/will be rolled out in our environment? Iam asking this in general, not just specifically for this one.

And for the reports: right now Iam not using the PDF-reports as they just can’t display the data from my dashboards in a usable/valuable way, but the HTML-reports seem really nice and if they proof to be worthy, I’d even create some dashboards for reporting purposees only. Can’t wait to test this feature! :partying_face:

Hey @RHolzer, I’m not aware of any method to find out when the feature will hit your environment but I’ll ask and get back to you.

1 Like

Hi @SDavis, the feature hit our environment today. I love it, but wish for the following changes :wink:

1. The schedule-feature should include more scheduling options, e.g. every week/month/year, every first monday of the month/week, every monday/tuesday, … etc. Right now Iam able to setup a weekly report, but I’ll fail creating one for a monthly report.
  2. I like the share with feature to notify a recipient that there is a report, but I’d like to be able to directly send some reports to people who maybe don’t have access to IDR. I know this might be a security issue sending propably sensitive information via e-mail, but this should be every coorporations decision.
  3. To go on with #2: The connector could connect to the internal mail server and send mails within the organisation, this could solve the security thoughts I guess.
  4. It would be nice to flag specific cards whether to print on the report or not. This way I could use my “all information”-Dashboard and only print those cards I want inside the report → e.g. only show insensitive data at the report that’s being sent via E-Mail.

I’ll finally start getting some reports out, thanks! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hey @RHolzer,

I’m getting some info as I’m writing this regarding your post, so I’ll edit this one with responses once I have them finished. Again thanks for providing feedback and I’m happy you’re starting to get some reports out, I’ll shoot that info over to the R7 folks responsible for the HTML reports!

Edits:
Addressing in order:

1. I agree that the scheduling could have more customization so I’m talking with folks internal about that. How is the monthly report failing if I may ask?

2. You currently can share the report with anyone regardless if they have access to your IDR, when you are in the “Share with” box, it will provide a dropdown with IDR users that you can select, but you can also type in any valid email or distro list and add that in there as well:

3. See number 2

4. I’ve been told this is being looked at for future improvements

Hi @SDavis, it seems like #1 has been changed already as there are now way more options available to adjust the schedule. With “failed” I meant I wasn’t able to generate a report on the 1. of a month or on the 1. monday of a month due to missing scheduling options, but the update now covers all my needs, so it’s great! :wink:

And for #2 - It seems like I misinterpreted the function or I don’t know, i thought I’ve clicked the link from the Rapid7 report e-mail and it brought me to the reports section, but it indeed does download the report right away, so #2 and #3 are fine as well.

Great feature, will start building specific report dashboards now! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @RHolzer,

That’s great! Glad everything seems to be working for you now and you can get building those reports! Let us know if anything else needs to be addressed, don’t forget the HTML reports allow light mode and dark mode in the upper right corner of the report once you open it!