How to update insightconnect_plugin_runtime?

Hello all,

Currently I’ve been working on MISP integration with insightconnect. But receiving the error “rapid7/MISP:5.0.1. Step name: export_hashes
‘Connection’ object has no attribute ‘key’”
Below the logs, it’s showing that our orchestrator is using “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/insightconnect_plugin_runtime-4.3.3-py3.8.egg/insightconnect_plugin_runtime/plugin.py”.

According to rapid7 github repository (Releases · rapid7/komand-plugin-sdk-python · GitHub), the latest release for this plugin is 4.9.0.
I am thinking this might be the issue here.
If anyone can guide me how to update this plugin, or a solution for the misp integration, i’d appreciate a lot.

PS: all MISP api keys etc are working.

Update: I went into the docker image and with pip info, i can see it is 4.3.3.
Can I use pip upgrade to update the package or it would be a problem?

On the left hand side, go to Settings → “Plugins & Tools”
At the top of the list it will check for any plugin updates. If any are found, update them.
Then go to your Workflows and click the ellipsis to the right and “Update Plugins”

If there are not updates, please open a support ticket for this, updating the library in the container will get reverted ever time the container is refreshed or pulled new. You would have to rebuild the plugin with the updated libraries and then you will be out of sync with any new updates, so it is best to work with support.

Thanks for the reply.

But unfortunately, that plugin is not showing in the settings.
i can only see it when a misp workflow starts.

5.0.1 is the current version. I’d open a support ticket to have them look.

That error doesn’t look like a library error to me, the ‘Connection’ object has no attribute ‘key’ is a JSON parsing error normally when you are referencing a previous step that did not include the attribute you are looking for. Normally you would check that with is_defined({{variable}}) && {{variable}}.
The interesting things is that in the documentation there isn’t a “key” attribute, the attribute is “automation_code”

Thanks for your reply.
5.0.1 is the current version for misp plugin.
4.9.0 is the latest for insightconnect_plugin_runtime, we updated the plugin in the docker image of misp plugin, but misp still trying to use 4.3.3 version of insightconnect_plugin_runtime.

Do you think it would help if I move the 4.3.3 folder in “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/insightconnect_plugin_runtime-4.3.3-py3.8.egg/” so it’ll try to use the latest (4.9.0)?

Thanks!

To be more clear, here’s log output of it.

Connect: Connecting...
Connect: Connected!
rapid7/MISP:5.0.1. Step name: export_hashes
'Connection' object has no attribute 'key'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/insightconnect_plugin_runtime-4.3.3-py3.8.egg/insightconnect_plugin_runtime/plugin.py", line 348, in handle_step
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/insightconnect_plugin_runtime-4.3.3-py3.8.egg/insightconnect_plugin_runtime/plugin.py", line 505, in start_step
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/misp_rapid7_plugin-5.0.1-py3.8.egg/komand_misp/actions/export_hashes/action.py", line 19, in run
    key = self.connection.key
AttributeError: 'Connection' object has no attribute 'key'