How to delete old API credentails?

Hi

I was wondering how you delete old API credentials when setting up a new plugin. When doing this is shows old API connections that are no longer used/Not valid anymore. How can these be deleted or removed?

Thanks

Hello @rgreen.

If you want to delete an old connection you can follow the steps below:

• While in InsightConnect navigate to settings on the left hand side
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.03.58 AM

• Select Plugins & Tools

• Select Connections
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.06.32 AM

• Pick the connection that you are interested in editing or deleting. Select the three dots at the end, which allows you a list of drop down options for you to either edit or delete the credential.

If you are just looking to modify the existing credential to a new API key, or a new password, you would choose edit instead of delete. This will open the credential management page for that specific credential.
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.16.11 AM

Within the edit page select the portion of the credential that you wish to modify, select the little pencil
that allows you to edit, and update as needed.
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.16.39 AM

Hopefully that answers your question, but if you need more assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hi Darrick,

Thanks for the above, this is helpful however I am wondering how you can delete pre-existing credentials from the drop-down as seen below. I have created some and rather than editing older credentials (was not aware you could just edit them!), I created completely new credentials resulting in a duplicate.

api credentials

Thanks,
Reece

Apologies for the late response @rgreen

Currently there is not a way that you can delete credentials, but I have passed this feedback to our dev’s as something to potentially explore.

Additionally if you find that there are enhancement requests, or plugin integration requests you can submit them through the feedback button located within ICON.

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 3.21.07 PM

1 Like

No problem, thank you Darrick!

I was just having this same problem and came across this thread. I submitted feedback within ICON, but is there any information about if this is on a development roadmap at all? Thanks!!