How is the "Average Days to Remediate By Severity" dashboard card calculated?

I am trying to recreate the “Average Days to Remediate By Severity” dashboard card in an external analytics tool and need to know exactly how this is calculated, i.e. which fields from the data model are used and how.

The reason I’m doing this is that we have multiple subsidiary companies using the same console and I need to break down this metric by site or tag. Using the manual dashboard filters won’t work at this scale and I need to show all of them together.

Thank you.

Average Days to Remediate By Severity

2 Likes

I would like to learn what that magic query is as well :wink: And does anyone know how this query is done?

I am wanting to use it in metrics to our board. But I am not sure what it is making this work.

Any answers to this yet? I’d like to know as well.

If I’m not mistaken this is a calculated query based on the changes that the platform sees for each asset. You can get a similar output through the cloud integrations API for InsightVM and passing in a currentTime and comparisonTime value. You would need to essentially do a separate query for each criticality though in the body or do the counts within the returned portions of the new[] and remediated[] arrays from the response.

bump on this.
Average Days to Remediation by Severity shows progress and teams are asking for a breakdown by tags