Dashboard to query assets that are missing a particular software

We are trying to build a dashboard query in InsightVM (not Asset Group) to find assets missing a particular software product. We have tried every which way to make this work but the logic does not seem effective.

In our case we want to find: Microsoft OS assets that DO NOT CONTAIN "softwarename"

We have tried using ‘product name does not contain’, ‘product vendor does not contain’, in various different configurations and each attempt we get nearly all of our Microsoft OS assets back, but not filtering on the software. Any advice here?

While in the Query Builder, go into expert mode and use roughly the same logic.

Don’t do this:

asset.os.vendor = 'microsoft' && asset.software.description DOES NOT CONTAIN 'example'

Do this:

asset.os.vendor = 'microsoft' && !(asset.software.description CONTAINS 'example')
1 Like

Awesome thank you John! That did the trick. Didn’t think about using the ! logic

1 Like

Where can I find what options I can use for the query? I would like to do something similar as above however, I want to scope to the device class as “workstation” - I figured out how to exclude a specific tag but need this last part.