I am thrilled to announce that, as of this morning, select InsightConnect plugins can be run on the Rapid7 Insight Cloud!!!
I’ll start with the good stuff:
- a list of all plugins and workflows that are currently cloud-enabled is available here
- Feature documentation, including steps to move a plugin from running on an Orchestrator to running in the cloud, is available here
Running a plugin on the cloud means:
- Execution of plugin actions in a workflow will be much faster, and
- Many workflows will no longer require the deployment of an Insight Orchestrator
For new users, this means there is zero deployment necessary to start running automation workflows. For existing users, this means workflows can be shifted to run more on our cloud platform, reducing the number of roundtrips a workflow needs to run and reducing the load placed on the Orchestrator. In other words, it’s faster, and it’s more reliable.
In the coming months, we will be releasing more plugins and workflows as cloud-enabled. We have already started working on the next phase of this project, which will enable us to run connection-oriented plugins in the cloud. This will allow InsightConnect users to run workflows using cloud systems like Office 365, AWS, Jira, and much more entirely on the Rapid7 cloud, furthering our quest to make automation faster.
Let us know what you think:
- Love it! More cloud plugins, please!
- Meh. I’ll probably keep using my Orchestrator.
- Plugins in the Cloud? No way, José!