Checking Insight Agents for a hostname fails unexpectedly, host has the agent

Getting this

Could not find agent matching {myhostname} of type Host Name. Check the agent input value and try again. Response was: NA

when the host does have the agent and I am doing the same exact search in IDR which it does pull back an agent doing it there just not in ICON.

How recently did you add that system?

There’s a 6-12 hour delay to replicate data across the VM databases.

@jon_schipp Had an idea on this one too…It might be a case sensitivity problem. We’ve got a fix incoming for that.

In the meantime, if you make sure your hostnames are the same case, it might work.

1 Like

It’s had the agent for a while, years.

Can you see if it’s the case-insensitivity problem?

I suspect this is the case sensitivity problem - we have a fix for this in review. Keep your eyes open for the InsightAgent plugin version 1.0.2!

I put in the same hostname in IDR/ICON and only IDR finds it. It’s like the ICON api call is running the pagination and never ends up finding it based on that hostname.
:face_with_head_bandage:

Let’s see if the new version of the plugin solves the issue and, if it doesn’t, let’s get a support case opened up for us to track this. I’ve seen this exact same behavior because of a case-mismatch issue (and no, the capitalization IDR uses in alerts doesn’t match the agent’s name in the agent management page). I wouldn’t recommend opening a case until we’ve verified the new version of the plugin has the same problematic behavior.

1 Like

:+1:

@hayden_redd version 1.0.2 just hit the extension library! Could you give it a try?

1 Like

yea you fixed it lol