Automated WorkFlow Connection Issue

Hey there,
I am trying to create an automated workflow for a BigFix integration, However, the connection is failing. I keep getting:
Max retries exceeded with url: /api/help (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object >: Failed to establish a new connection.

What am I doing wrong ?

Hi @zeroproxy, are you looking at the InsightVM Automated Workflow or are you building an Insight Connect Workflow using the Trigger from an Insight Connect Bigfix plugin?

Hey @dreadpir8robots, I am using the InsightVM Automated WorkFlow.

Thanks for confirming.

While I don’t have personal experience of this plugin, the error message you pasted makes me think that your R7 Orchestrator can’t connect to your BigFix server:

NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object >: Failed to establish a new connection.

This error message looks like it’s from within the widely-used urllib3 Python library, and is pretty generic. It doesn’t give much of a hint as to why it couldn’t establish the connection. I guess there’s no more error message than what you’ve pasted (no ErrNo or anything like that)?

For now, it’s worth considering some standard troubleshooting steps for this sort of issue:

• Are you 100% confident that the URL you’ve configured is correct?
  • Can your Rapid7 Orchestrator connect to <bigfix_server>:52311 (replacing the value with your specific hostname)? e.g. could be blocked by a firewall.

Hey @dreadpir8robots , so after troubleshooting some more I found out that the bigfix application is actually on a different domain than the orchestrator. So thats my next problem :frowning:

Good luck. Hopefully someone in your organization can help you untangle what’s necessary (firewall changes maybe?) to get the Orchestrator talking to the BigFix server.