Artifact Types

Currently Artifacts have a drop-down for Artifact Type, but the only option is a Markdown Card. Markdown is great, but there are times when it would be nice to just be able to use HTML.

Being that this drop-down is there hints that this was maybe a planned feature, is it on the road-map to add other options?

My vote would be for these options:

• Markdown Card
  • HTML Card
  • Plain Text Card
1 Like

We are actually exploring some new artifact types right now, and potentially ones that differ in ways beyond formatting. The current artifacts do support markdown though, in case you want to do some extra formatting that way.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1 Like

In the meantime. If you want HTML right now…I think the html plugin will convert HTML to markdown. So you could use that for easier display of HTML content.

That is what I’m doing, specifically to convert Artifacts to Teams HTML messages.
The only problem I’ve had with that plugin is it doesn’t render the HTML the same way that the Artifact does. So the card looks like I want, but the HTML doesn’t.
I’m also trying to show the HTML representation of an Email from O365 and the HTML to Markdown doesn’t always render it like the original Email

Ahhh ok.

So the likely issue here is how Teams handles HTML. It does some really odd things.

For example…These are are all just bold

<h1> <h2> <h3> <b> 

The table tab works as expected, but I’ve had mixed results trying to format a table.

It will just straight ignore things more complicated than that.

It’s really hit or miss.