Agent not working on last gen Microsoft Surface laptops

The Rapid7 Agent consistently crashes on all our Microsoft Surface 3 and Surface Pro 7.
As a result, no data is being sent to InshightVM or InshightIDR.
We are using the Intel I7 version with Windows 10 1909.
Anybody else seeing this?

Event log shows Application Error ID 1000

Faulting application name: ir_agent.exe, version: 2.7.17.20, time stamp: 0x549debc4
Faulting module name: cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl.pyd, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56f06d5f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000011e9e3
Faulting process id: 0x5d48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64b1aec6252ca
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Rapid7\Insight Agent\components\insight_agent\2.7.17.20\ir_agent.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Rapid7\Insight Agent\components\insight_agent\2.7.17.20\cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl.pyd
Report Id: c560eafb-c6dc-4c53-8d6a-64184b0c6a4c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi @boris_decout! Our Support team would be able to better help you tackle these agent crashing issues that you mentioned. You can open up a case here: https://r7support.force.com/

Unfortunately, this is not correct.
I have had a case opened for 2 month and was told that while R7 is aware of the issue, there was no interest in fixing it.
Which basically is forcing me to look for another vendor.
I have no problem replacing InsightVM but changing SIEM is a real pain in the rear.
I was hoping the community might provide some “insight” since R7 doesn’t seems to care.

So I reached out to our team to see if I could get some additional info on this issue. After talking to a couple folks internally I confirmed that we’re currently working on support for x86 based Surface Pros, and expect to have support available in Q3 of this year. Support for the ARM-based Pros is also on the roadmap and will likely land in H1 2021.

Why must take this issue so long, I have a case open since februari 2020 and still there is no movement to solve this.
A fix in H1 2021 is to long this could have bin solved if you give thsi more priority