24% : Initializing update processor

Hi There,

I been waiting for 1-2 hour but still initializing the update processor, any idea about this/

Thanks

Yes the 24% mark is the one you will often see take the most time. WIth a little patience this should resolve itself.

Late to the game on this one but for added context if anyone else also sees this issue. Typically speaking, if the console is taking a significant time like 1-2 hours mentioned above at the 24% mark it’s very possible that updates were pending and depending on how many updates and what the actual updates are, the console is applying all of those updates at that mark.

Typically speaking 24% (update processor), 45% (content definitions), and 79% (policies) take the longest

1 Like

My console is stuck at 24%.

How long should I be waiting at most? It’s been over an hour.

I recall this taking a few hours - came back to it later in the day or next day… but i am dating myself as it was a couple yrs ago

There’s a few things that could cause this issue. Under resourced console combined with a lot of updates to apply could result in a very long wait time for initialization at 24%. Others have also found that when using some endpoint protection that some of the vulnerability checks get blocked by the third party software and then the InsightVM startup essentially freezes looking for those files that were quarantined or deleted.

John

Do you know if these updates occur every day? how often