Asset Exclusion in Sites

Hi Folks,

I have created a site that has a number of subnets defined under “Assets” section. I have also created some dynamic asset groups to be excluded from scan. The problem is that the excluded asset groups also fall under the same subnets that I have used for scanning and I am expecting that the exclusion list will take priority and avoid scanning the excluded assets.

Is there a way to address this issue?

any update on this? I am experiencing the same thing

What exact issue are you experiencing? The exclusions work exactly in the way described where regardless of what is specified in the included assets wether it be a subnet or a separate asset group. The exclusions should then apply over top of that and remove those assets from being scanned.

Are you saying that you have a site using say a /24 subnet and an asset group being used to exclude 3 assets from within that subnet but they are still being scanned?

I have been able to figure it out. The ‘site’ itself has scan settings, i.e. exclusions, assets, engines, templates, etc. Under the schedule tab I have two groups in there and need to the check box unchecked to all these exclusions to transcend.